Welcome To Qingdao Government Affairs Website!
How can I use the postal service?
Qingdao Government | DECEMBER 28,2021

Question:How can I use the postal service?


Most tourist hotels provide postal services; however, if you want to send important items such as antiques or cultural relics that are under customs control, you must consult the local branch of the International Post Office.

In addition to regular postal services, the International Post and Telecommunications Office handles remittances, money orders, telegraphic money transfers, international and domestic telephone and telegram services and local telephone service, in the same building there is a customs office for those who need customs clearance. Additionally, packages can be collected from this office.

You can send postcards, letters, parcels and express mail to any place in the world via China Post (with the green logo), FedEx or China Air Express. Visitors should not wrap parcels before they are taken to the post office since the contents must be examined before the parcel may be mailed. Also, some forms of publications such as books, magazines and newspapers must be examined by an authorized post office.

Relevant recommendations
How can I make domestic long distance calls or international calls in China?
Tourists can make domestic long distance calls or international calls from their hotel room and the call charge will be added into the hotel expense. Domestic long distance calls and international calls can be made from post offices and public phone booths near the scenic spots, shops, and entertainment venues. The charge is to be paid after the call.
How many children in China can foreign adopters adopt at a time?
Foreign adopter may adopt one child only, male or female (unless the adoptees are twins or brothers and sisters living in the same charity authority). If the a foreign adopter who has already adopted a child in China still want to adopt another one in China, he or she should deliver adoption application and family situation report again one year after the first adoption.
What should I know about restrooms, and where can I find them?
Travelers can easily find free public toilets on the street, in office buildings, shopping centers, supermarkets, hotels and  fast food restaurants. Restroom may contain Asian style toilets, western style toilets or a combination of both styles. Some Asian style restrooms do not supply toilet paper so visitors are encouraged to have a personal supply with them if using these facilities. Hand washing is encouraged after visits to the restrooms and usually soap will be supplied; however, visitors may find it convenient to carry a small supply of hand washing chemical which may be purchased in small bottles or small "wet-nap" towels.
How can I use electrical appliances?
Hotels generally provide wall outlets in every room. China uses a 220 volt power supply for standard domestic and business purposes.