Welcome To Qingdao Government Affairs Website!
How can I make domestic long distance calls or international calls in China?
Tourists can make domestic long distance calls or international calls from their hotel room and the call charge will be added into the hotel expense. Domestic long distance calls and international calls can be made from post offices and public phone booths near the scenic spots, shops, and entertainment venues. The charge is to be paid after the call.
How many children in China can foreign adopters adopt at a time?
Foreign adopter may adopt one child only, male or female (unless the adoptees are twins or brothers and sisters living in the same charity authority). If the a foreign adopter who has already adopted a child in China still want to adopt another one in China, he or she should deliver adoption application and family situation report again one year after the first adoption.
What should I know about restrooms, and where can I find them?
Travelers can easily find free public toilets on the street, in office buildings, shopping centers, supermarkets, hotels and  fast food restaurants. Restroom may contain Asian style toilets, western style toilets or a combination of both styles. Some Asian style restrooms do not supply toilet paper so visitors are encouraged to have a personal supply with them if using these facilities. Hand washing is encouraged after visits to the restrooms and usually soap will be supplied; however, visitors may find it convenient to carry a small supply of hand washing chemical which may be purchased in small bottles or small "wet-nap" towels.
How can I use electrical appliances?
Hotels generally provide wall outlets in every room. China uses a 220 volt power supply for standard domestic and business purposes.
How can I use the postal service?
Most tourist hotels provide postal services; however, if you want to send important items such as antiques or cultural relics that are under customs control, you must consult the local branch of the International Post Office.
How can I send packages with express services?
EMS, DHL, UPS, TNT and FedEx provide express services in Qingdao. All kinds of urgent documents and goods can be  delivered to more than 170 countries around the world. You can ask for express services at large post offices, at your hotel’s business centre or by phone for at-the-door collection.
How can I see a doctor?
If you need emergency medical attention please call 120. If you or a family member requires medical attention in Qingdao, you can choose from many first-class hospitals. When seeking medical attention at a hospital, you should take your passport and residence registration with you. If you or a family member requires a house visit by a doctor, contact the relevant hospital and request the hospital to arrange it. If you cannot get to a hospital on your own, the emergency number for an ambulance is 120. For matters related to disease prevention (such as vaccination or sterilization of houses or official premises), you may contact the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) of the district or country concerned.
What are standard business office hours?
In China, standard working hours are usually 08:00 to 17:00 or 09:00 to 18:00. Major shopping malls open from 08:30 or 09:00 and close around 21:00 in winter and 22:00 in summer. Because traffic is especially congested during rush hour, tourists are advised to avoid peak-hour traffic at 07:00 to 09:00 and 17:00 to 19:00. Many educational, some working offices and small businesses may close during the lunch hour which extends from approximately 11:30 to 13:30.